Thursday, March 1, 2012

They Do Grow Up

Set The Stage:  Becky's Apartment


Jersey is becoming such a grown up little dude!  When I first brought Jersey home he would not go in his kennel to save his life.  I had to physically put him in there and when I would shut the door he would whine and cry and bark.  It was so sad but it was what had to be done!  Then as the months wore on he started walking into his kennel but I would have to carry  him over and set him on the floor a few feet away (3 at most).  But last week the little guy went straight to his kennel when I put my shoes on.  He went through a phase where he would run under my bed as soon as I put my shoes on.  I, of course, was ecstatic and an extremely proud puppy Mom.  I called my Mom as soon as I got on my way to work and her response was "I sure hope he isn't sick."  


Ugh...Thanks Mom for that vote of confidence!  I, naturally, said "No, you're crazy!  He's fine!  He's just growing up!"


Guess what...I was right!  Now Jersey will go to his kennel all by himself in the mornings (only in the mornings) as soon as I put my shoes on and head to the kitchen to get him a treat and my lunch!


I'm such a proud Mom!


Here is Jersey's normal spot in the morning when I am getting ready for work:


It's a miracle I even go to work in the morning...you try coming out of your bathroom to this guy looking at you all bundled up in your bed and still be able to leave him!


I do have to add that Jersey will only go to his kennel in the mornings.  And he won't do it for anyone else.  So, that's our next step!  Then, we will move on to Jersey not pooping in Aaron's house!

No comments: