Wednesday, March 7, 2012

We Broke My Bed...

Set the Stage:  My Apartment


Last night was a normal night in our lives...I got home, took Jersey out, dyed my hair, showered, made dinner (spaghetti), finished up laundry, and waited for Aaron to get home from work.  Normal, boring night in our old-married-not-yet-married-couple lives.


After we ate dinner we put clean sheets on the bed.  Decided we didn't need the big comforter anymore, ya know, since it has been 70 degrees outside.  I was folding up said comforter to put away for the spring/summer and Aaron decided to be cute and pick me up and throw me on the bed.  Normally a very silly/cute/puke-in-your-mouth moment right?  Well, as he threw me on the bed (imagine when you throw someone in a pool and go with them) the bed broke...


What do you do when this happens???  Well, if you are Aaron or myself you laugh.  So we laughed and then had to figure out how to fix this horrible situation.


Aaron is quite handy...I'm not sure if I've mentioned that before....so after we took the mattress and box spring off he figured out how to fix it.  I was so happy.


Now, you might asking yourself, What was Mr. Jersey doing through all of this?  Well, I'll tell you....first he thought it was pretty great to be under the bed and be able to stand all the way up.  He was jumping hurdles and what not....crazy little guy.  But when Aaron starts hammering the nails into the bed to fix it Jersey got scared.  Have I mentioned he is not a fan of loud noises?  So, he was then hiding in my closet.  Silly little dude.


I wish I had got pictures of this horrible situation.  But I was a little concerned about my bed that I love so very very much.


1 comment:

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

too funny!! i love this story and love that you blogged about it. :)