Thursday, March 22, 2012

Being A Beer Snob

I will be the first to admit...I love beer.  I originally did not like beer.  And, in fact, when I first started drinking beer I would only drink this:



Why?  Well it didn't taste as much like piss and Vin Diesel said in Fast and the Furious, "You can have any beer in the house as long as it's a Corona."  And I loved Vin Diesel!  I mean seriously....he's gorgeous

And this picture doesn't even show off his muscles!

Anyway, the reason I really started drinking beer was because it was cheaper in college!  I went to Central Missouri State University (now the University of Central Missouri) which is known (on the Letterman show) as one of the Top Ten Natty Capitals in the country!  This brings me to my first real beer love:
 
 I know....gross...disgusting...how can you drink that?  But oh man I love me some Natty!  And it was cheap!  It still brings back good memories when I see a can of it somewhere.  I'm not sure I can drink it anymore but oh man.

Anyway, my love for Natty eventually grew.....or I grew up...I'm not really sure which.  But when I started Grad school I decided I would start drinking this:


Good Stuff!!!  I still love Bud Light...and in general will pick it over anything else but now I drink Minnesota Martinis.  What's that you ask?  Beer with green olives...yumtastic!  You get the beer, but you get the salt from the olives, and the best part, you get a little snack at the end of your beer.  

I said I will in general pick Bud Light over anything else.  That statement is true unless this is available:

 

OMG...that's my beer!  I love it.  I love it.  I love it.  It's so good!  If you've ever had it you know!  If you haven't had it...find it immediately and drink it!  The problem is if you live in a state where Bud Light owns over half of the market share you will not be able to buy this Nectar of the Gods!  Go to Minnesota or Iowa or South Dakota!

Recently I have found myself trying more craft beers.  I'm a big fan of them as well...which makes me believe I am a beer snob!  Last weekend I tried this blueberry beer called Wild Blue:


If you like blueberries and beer YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS!

Anyway, I'll still be a Michelob Golden fan above all and then Bud Light.  But I'm going to continue my pursuit of yummy craft beers!  I'll let ya know how it goes!

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Beers are delicious. They are the best reason to have relatives in Minnesota!

Morgan said...

Michelob is made in st louis. Ive never had a problem finding it. It was my favorite beer in college. Now days I like a good ol PBR or Busch. That purple beer is good too though!