Wednesday, February 29, 2012

God's Own Child I Gladly Say It

Set the Stage:  Trinity Lutheran Church Kearney, Missouri


Aaron was baptized this past Sunday!  Whoop Whoop!  I'm so proud of him and this decision he made!



We had a packed pew at church for this momentous occasion.  In the pew we had us, my family (Mom, Dad, KT, & Matt), Aaron's Mom, and the ever amazing friend to both of us, Stephanie!  


Aaron loved the attention.  All of the little old ladies told him that they were proud of him and how handsome he is.  I didn't think it was possible for Aaron's head to grow larger than it already it is but by God it did on Sunday.


My favorite part of this event was after church a mother of one of the girl's (Shelby) in the youth group tell me that right after Aaron was baptized Shelby told her that Aaron is so cool.  It made me smile!  I think he's pretty cool but to have a 13-year old think it's cool to watch an adult get baptized was fantastic!


We had this huge dinner at Aaron's house  Sunday night.  Aaron's Mom made enough food for a small army.  She invited my family and Stephanie and her boys for dinner.  Where we all gorged ourselves.  I had a food baby for a good solid 2 hours after dinner and then played Uno!  It was a great night spent with some of the people we care about most.


And the best part out of all of this?!?!??!!  Aaron is now Baptized into Christ!

No comments: