Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Six Months

WARNING:  THIS POST MAY MAKE YOU PUKE IN YOUR MOUTH


What can happen in six months?  A lot actually....think about it!  Think about what you were doing six months ago.  Think about what was important to you six months ago and what is important to you now.  Who were the important people in your life six months ago?  Are you they still important people in your life?  Who was the friend you called just to hang out with you six months ago?  Are they still the person you call?


Six months seems like a long time in some cases.  And in other cases it seems like six months ago was yesterday.


I can tell you exactly what I was doing six months ago today....I was on the moon because this boy (Aaron) I had met a few times before but didn't really talk to until September had called me the two nights before.  And we were possibly (it all depended on whether or not he could get off work early enough) going to go on a date on this day six months ago.


He got off work early enough.  He called me and asked me if I still wanted to go out on our first date.  I, of course, said yes.  And then immediately panicked!  I had been hoping all day that we would get to go out and had talked to Stephanie ALL DAY long about what to wear and how to do my hair and what shoes to wear and well you get the picture!  You have to understand, that yes, I was worried about looking perfect but Stephanie had always told me that Aaron was her Gay-Straight friend who dressed her.  Oh God...Talk about Pressure!


Stephanie and I decided that Stephanie would come over to my apartment and tidy up a bit while I got ready...after of course she helped me decide what to wear.  Poor Aaron called me when he got to my apartment and asked me where exactly my apartment was.  The only way I could think to describe which building was mine was to tell him that my car and Stephanie's car were in front of the building....OOPS.  He came to the door and there sat  Stephanie on my couch.  We had to play it cool and act like she had just dropped by.  LIES LIES LIES!


Anyway, we went on our first date to 54th Street and had dinner and talked forever.  Then we went out to the truck where he tricked me into giving him a hug (ok, he didn't really trick me, he just asked) and we talked some more.  As we sat there I couldn't really figure out why we weren't just going back to my apartment to hang out.  So, I asked (that's what I do).  He said he didn't want to assume it was ok for him to hang out at my apartment on our first date.  I laughed at him and made him take me home.  He came in, we took Jersey out, we drank wine, we laughed, we talked, and neither of us wanted the night to end.


The rest, as they say, is history!  All of that seems sooooooo long ago but I remember it all as if it were yesterday.  Aaron and I have come a long way since that night but we've never looked back.  We are still puke-in-your-mouth cute and happy together.  I wouldn't trade him for any boy in the world!


Plus, I think Jersey kinda likes him...can't make the little Mexican dog angry!


 Sweetheart Dinner at Church

Snake Saturday with Stephanie and Cassie

1 comment:

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

love it! and I didn't even puke in my mouth. :) so sweet.