Friday, March 2, 2012

The Old People Are Here





Set The Stage:  My Brain


My Poppa and Grammy are coming to visit this weekend!  This statement alone has gotten me through this wretched week.  Poppa and Grammy are my Mom's parents....and they have got to be the coolest almost 80-year olds EVER!  


Look at them...so in love!!  They have been married for 54 years this summer!


These two people are such a huge part of my life...and I'm so glad to say they are my grandparents.  Now, granted, I do have to share them with 9 other people but whatever they were mine first (since I am the oldest grandchild)!


Here are a few things I have learned from these crazy people:


  • Homemade ice cream is great but it's even better with homemade hot fudge sauce
  • Smacking your spouse on the bottom is a MUST for a happy marriage (Yes, Poppa is always smacking Grammy's butt)
  • Pancakes should always be homemade and have butter, brown sugar, and some kind of syrup on top of them
  • Learn to play cards...it gets you through the winters
  • Grandkids are alive to be spoiled
  • John Deere tractors are superior to every other tractor
  • Cows are supposed to be black and white...not brown
  • A glass of wine at night is good for your heart (two or three is better!)
  • When you are finally found after being stuck and MIA in Montana for over 24 hours tell your family "We were fine....it was just an adventure!"
Here are a couple more pictures of these fantastic people:


Colorado Vacation in 2009









At my cousin Abby's Wedding










These two people (especially Poppa) are mostly to be blamed for me being spoiled!  And I'm ok with that...so are they!  Sorry about it!  I can't wait to see them tonight...we're going to drink some wine and laugh!  I love it!  Hopefully Jersey does not feel it necessary to jump on Grammy's lap (she's not a fan of that behavior).

1 comment:

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

Oh my. They sound awesome. I want to meet them!