Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"I'm Thankful For..." Day #2

As I said yesterday, I'm playing catch up for the "I'm Thankful For...." Series

November 3
I'm thankful for my Dad.  He's simply the best guy around (please don't take offense Aaron).  I'm a Daddy's Girl through and through.  Aaron tells me this weekly.  But he also says he appreciates that about me.  My Dad is the Scoutmaster for Troop 360 even though my brother has not been a boy in scouting in 2.5 years.  He believes in Scouting and has always said he will be the Scoutmaster of that troop until it isn't fun anymore.  This is got to be one of the qualities I respect about my Dad the most.  He gives so much time and effort to Scouting and doesn't ask for anything in return.  Growing up my Dad was the parent who could talk to me about my grades or silly things like that.  Mom and I would fight,  Dad and I would talk.  He has always supported my decisions, even when he doesn't think they are the correct decisions.  My Dad is one of the most laid back people in the world (until he spills a Cherry Limeade in his truck).  He taught me what to look for in a person I wanted to marry.  He always puts his family first.  He is one of the most faithful men I've ever met without being annoying about it.  I think he is one of the few adults in this world that truly has "Faith like a Child."  I completely respect that about him and a lot of the time find myself wishing I could always have Faith like that.  My Dad is a gigantic teddy bear but he has definitely scared away some losers!  His motto is "Don't Poke the Bear!"   Thanks Dad for being an amazing Dad, Man, Bear, Scoutmaster, and overall Human Being.
Dad is his Mic-O-Say Pretendian outfit

Dad after he received Wood Badge

Dad and me oh so many years ago!


November 4
I'm thankful for my sister Katie KT.  She is super!  She tells the people she loves that she loves them.  She is amazingly smart even though many people count her out when it comes to that.  She is silly and funny.  She is always there to cry on and will comfort anyone she cares about who is upset.  She genuinely cares about the people in her life.  And she never forgets someone (this truly amazes me).  My sister has made me the person I am today.  I truly believe that without having a special needs KT I would not be anywhere near the person I am.  In the movie In Her Shoes the older sister says "She's my sister.  Without her I don't make sense."  This might the single most true movie quote I have ever heard that has directly applied to my life.  It's true, without KT I wouldn't be me.  I thank God everyday for sending KT into not only my life but my entire family's life.  KT has always been a gauge for people in my life.  If KT liked them then they were probably a great person.  KT is the reason I've done crazy things like the Polar Bear Plunge.  My sister always has great stories for me to share with friends.  My sister runs the show in our family and I don't think any of us would ever want it any other way!
KT and I at the Metrodome cheering on the Twins

KT and I at Special Olympics bowling!  She's a bowling rockstar!

KT and I at Polar Bear Plunge for Special Olympics Missouri

A VERY PROUD KT at Special Olympics track competition

No comments: