Friday, November 2, 2012

Aaron, the Non-Smoker

Aaron has smoked for half of his life.  Bleh!  I told him as well as my parents told him that we could not get married until he was a non-smoker.  He understood and agreed because of my asthma.  Well my friends...it's been a long road but I can  honestly say that after a year of nagging encouraging him Aaron is quitting smoking!  He tried Chantix earlier this year and I made him quit for various reasons.  He tried cold turkey but that was treacherous.  This time he's choosing to ease himself off of tobacco and nicotine with tobacco pouches.  I know, they are disgusting.  But Aaron promises they are just as disgusting to him as they are to me.  His plan is to do these icky pouches until the craving for the a cigarette is gone then switch to the nicorette gum.  Then he will wean himself off of that!  As of today Aaron has had 1 cigarette since Sunday night!  I'm so proud of him!!!  I'm not going to lie it's hard on both of us.  I know it's astronomically harder on him but it is hard on both of us.  But he's doing it!!  There may be a pretty diamond ring in my future after all!!!  Here's a picture of Aaron from earlier this year with his electronic cigarette:


He thought he was pretty gangster!  Love him!

No comments: