Friday, November 16, 2012

Education

I'm thankful for my education.  I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to go onto higher education.  I loved college.  My love for college helped me choose my career.  I went straight from high school to Central Missouri State University and 4 years later I graduated with my Bachelor's of Science in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting.  I loved college and wasn't ready to grow up so I decided to stay for another couple of years and get my master's degree.  So in 2008 I graduated from the University of Central Missouri (yes, there was a name change) with my Master's of Science in College Student Personnel Administration.  I know there are a lot of people who don't get the opportunity to go to college until much later in life if at all and I could not be more thankful that my parents pushed me to go to college.  In my family there was never really a thought about it, you graduate high school and then you go to college.  I got a lot of crap when I decided to get my Master's degree right away but that was my choice.  At that moment in my life that is what I wanted to do and my parents supported it.  I don't think I would have gone back for my Master's degree.  I can confidently say that now that I've been out of college for 4  years.  I can't imagine going to classes now.  Did I take the most financially responsible route?  No.  Am I paying for it now?  Yes.  Would I do things differently if I could go back?  Of course.  Do I regret it?  Not at all!

No comments: