Monday, July 2, 2012

Spotlight on My Grammy

Sorry I didn't post last week...I was out of town on a youth trip for church...more on this topic at a later date!

Today it's all about My Grammy!  Why?  Because it's her birthday today!  Not just any birthday....her 80th Birthday!

Grammy when she first became a Grammy almost 30 years ago (the baby is me).  I'm sure she'll be thrilled to see this picture in my blog!

Another picture of me and Grammy from long ago.  I just love her!

Grammy and I chatting about something in Savannah, Georgia on our first family vacation way back when!

Poppa and Grammy!!!

My Grammy (and I'm sure my cousins can vouch for this also) is awesome!  She's just this little old lady who laughs at all of us.  She has to be able to laugh...she been married to Poppa for 54 years!  She is constantly being teased by all of us and she doesn't seem to mind.  She isn't afraid to ask you the questions that other people would be such as, Aaron when are you going to quit smoking so you can marry Becky. 
 She's been on facebook for years because she realized that it was a great way to keep in contact with all of her grandkids that are scattered around the country.  She was one of the first grandma's of all of my friends to be on facebook.

She's great!  Happy 80th Birthday to the best Grammy in the whole entire world!!!  Thanks for the smiles and the laughs and the blue bottles for my someday wedding!

2 comments:

Abby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abby said...

Aww... this post made me tear up!