Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Workin' Wednesday

As you all probably are fully aware it is summer.  Also, as you may be aware last week it was like 1,000 degrees outside.  Ok so it was really about 106 but it sure felt like 1,000 degrees!

Summer in my family means the boys are gone to scout camp.  Our Troop (Troop 360, the best Troop in the world) camped last week.  This means we (Mom, KT, Stephanie, Ida, myself, and all of the rest of the scout families) were required to go to St. Joseph Wednesday for Family Night.  We all take food and gorge ourselves then we go to the Council Ring for the Family Night show.

It is common practice to wear your Troop 360 t-shirt for Family Night.  I decided that a t-shirt was going to be entirely too much fabric for my liking on this particular Family Night since it was 1,000 degrees outside!

I decided that I was going to make a tank top to wear and then brought Stephanie in on the plan.  So on Wednesday we quick made tank tops before leaving for camp.  This was the only action shot I got...


Just like anything that Stephanie and I do, there were tons of laughs.  Like when Stephanie swore Troop was spelled wrong on her tank top after she ironed it on.  Or when I ironed my 3 on backwards (consequently we learned that iron-on letters come right off if you dab rubbing alcohol on the back of the iron-on).

Here is the front of the finished product...


And of course the back with a little bling...


 We were so proud of ourselves and we received lots of compliments on them.  And one offer to buy one!
 

1 comment:

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

ah! now I understand the facebook pic. super cute!