Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Waiting for Aaron

Every night Jersey and I play a game called "Let's wait for Aaron to come over."  I usually take this time to catch up on my DVR shows that Aaron does not appreciate or clean or prepare dinner or work out or whatever I feel like doing.  Jersey takes this time to run around like a little crazy man...basically Jersey acts normal.

But around 7:15 every night during the week Aaron calls me on his way home from work.  And I usually talk to him until he gets either to my apartment or his house.  Jersey usually continues to run around like a crazy or takes a nap...whatever his tiny little heart desires.

Jersey is a relatively smart dog.  He's smart enough to be bad.  And he's smart enough to know what Aaron's truck sounds like.  And he's smart enough to know when I get off the phone that usually means Aaron will be walking through the door anytime.

Last night I got off the phone and Aaron was going to stop by the gas station then he would be over.  So it was going to be a good 5-10 minutes before his arrival.  But I decided to see what Jersey would do when I said "Jersey, where's Dad?"  I should tell you that Dad = Aaron.

Jersey proceeded to perk his gigantic ears up and run around the apartment in pure excitement.  He looked everywhere for Aaron.  He jumped up on the bed and looked out the window to see if Aaron's truck was out there.  He looked under the bed.  He went in the bathroom.  Then he stood at the door for a good 45 seconds before returning to my lap where I once again asked "Jersey where's Dad?"  And I got this response:

 He is looking at the door.

Aaron did finally walk through the door about 3 minutes later and Jersey went crazy.  Oh I love that little guy!

No comments: