Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

As I have mentioned before I. LOVE. OCTOBER.

The biggest reason is my birthday.  But I also love fall in general.  And I really love carving pumpkins.  

I very rarely have enough patience to carve my own pumpkin into something super cool.  But I still love it.  I love scooping the seeds and guts out.  I love roasting the seeds.  I love figuring out what to carve.

My parents were out of town last weekend and the brother had to work Saturday so Aaron and I decided to spend the afternoon with KT.  We took her to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins and then went back to Mom and Dad's to carve said pumpkins.

I'm really bad about taking picture during activities but I did get some pictures of our pumpkins!

Here are our pumpkins from Saturday:
 
In order:  Aaron's Frankenstein, Becky's Eek, and KT's Smiley Face. 

 


 KT's isn't carved but she did pound pegs into it.  The pegs light up when the candle is lit like a Lite Brite.  She thought it was pretty cool.  And I liked it because typically I have to carve KT's pumpkin before mine.

Also, I need to share this conversation between Aaron and myself.  Before we went to pick up KT Aaron said that he had never carved pumpkins.  So while we were carving pumpkins I said "I can't believe you never had girlfriends that wanted you to carve pumpkins."  His response was "What's saying I didn't?"  I chose to leave the conversation there.  But on our way home this conversation took place:

Aaron:  You never asked why I didn't carve pumpkins with any of my ex-girlfriends
Becky:  Well, I didn't think I would want to hear the answer
Aaron:  You don't want to know at all?
Becky:  Fine.  Why didn't you carve pumpkins with any of your ex-girlfriends?
Aaron:  Because they didn't have KT
I know cheesy but sometimes you need a little cheese in your life!

On Sunday, Aaron decided he would like to carve another pumpkin (he's sort of obsessed).  So, we headed to the pumpkin patch again and picked out 2 more pumpkins.  I let KT pick what I carved.  Aaron decided to be sort of fancy with his jack o lantern but KT picked Yoshi.  Here are pictures of those:


Last night, Aaron said we should carve more pumpkins this weekend.  We'll see what happens!  It's going to be a great weekend...Poppa and Grammy are coming down!




No comments: