Wednesday, October 3, 2012

All Because Two People Fell In Love

I had an idea for this post quite awhile ago just because I love this song:




I had recently heard the song on the radio and thought "Wow, Becky, that would be a really great blog post.  I drafted (really, I wrote the title and Blogger considered that to be a draft) the post but I never posted it.  I never finished for one reason or another but that's ok because now this post is going to be even more fabulous because it is now linked to my Poppa and family!

Our whole family went to the Black Hills for Labor Day weekend to celebrate Poppa and Grammy turning 80 this year.  It was a great weekend filled with laughter and great times spent with family that we don't get to see all that often since we are all spread out all over the country.

Anyway, the last night we were there we had to take some family pictures (just like every trip).  We did the normal individual family shots:
We are a pretty good lookin' family!


Then, we had to do the line up picture of the cousins by age:

We go from 28 (me) to 13

 Then, it was time for the wretched picture by height:

This one has a few additional cousins

But, then it was time for our entire family picture:


You're probably thinking to yourself, these are really great pictures Becky but what does this have to do with two people falling in love?

Well, I'm getting there.   Be patient!

Like I said, we did these pictures the night before everyone left.  The next morning we were set to head out around 7 or something crazy like that, but before we left we talked to Poppa and Grammy for a little while.  Poppa made this remark to Grammy, "That was quite a brood we had up on those steps last night.  And they are all our fault."  The conversation continued on with Poppa saying something along the lines of he would have never thought all those years ago when they got married that they would be responsible for that many people.

I do love those old people!  And thank God everyday that they fell in love!

And just for fun here is a picture of me and the Abby's (yes, there are two...Abby and the Other Abby, who happens to be marrying Abby's brother) wine tasting while in South Dakota:
What vacation would be complete without wine tasting?



2 comments:

Abby said...

You're welcome for the pictures...

Unknown said...

Becky thank you for sharing that! It gave me a huge smile!
I love your family so much, and have since your mom and I were young. I always wished that I was part of that family.
I am so blessed to be able to live vicariously a Shoen through your family.
Love, Love, Love it!